The Church Capital Campaign: Five Things You Need to Know About Raising Money to Build
- You Will Need to Do It. In excess of 95% of churches need or should run a capital campaign as part of their financial strategy to build and/or retire debt.
- You Need Start Sooner Than You Think. The ideal time to start a church capital campaign is often 3 years before you begin construction. Be like the wise ant that stored up in the summer for the coming winter.
- A Capital Campaign is Biblical (or can be). Our Abundant Giving Capital Campaign is based on the Word of God and best practices of implementation honed by thousands of churches over decades.
- It’s Harder Than It Looks. As evidenced by the historical fact that churches that do not get professional assistance raise on average one-half of those that use a professional coach/consultant.
- We can help. We don’t ask that take our word for it, read the testimonials from other churches.
What Is a Capital Campaign?
A capital campaign is a spiritual endeavor that produces huge financial results. A capital campaign is an important part of every church’s financial strategy, whether it is looking to raise money for construction or retire debt. One of the goals of the capital stewardship program is to help people understand that a Kingdom need gets a Kingdom provision, and that this provision is made through the proper stewardship of God’s people.
What To Expect From Our Church Capital Campaign
There are many benefits from a church capital campaign which may be categorized as spiritual and financial.
The spiritual benefits of a professionally facilitated capital campaign are:
- Improved biblical understanding of God’s plan of providence and stewardship
- Increased faith in the promises of God
- The blessings that flow from doing things God’s way as it pertains to stewardship
- Increased spiritual excitement
- Increased unity in the body
The financial benefits of a professionally facilitated church capital campaign are well documented.
- Additional financial support raised typically over three years that typically ranges between 1 and 3 times current tithes and offerings.
- A 10% to 15% increase in giving to the general fund.
- An immediate influx of cash from up-front giving.
- Continued regular support over the giving period, typically 3 years.
Category: Capital Fundraising Campaign